Relevance : GS Paper II (Development & Welfare)
[500 words reduced to 100]
- India has expressed interest to host the 2032 Summer Olympic Games.
- India must consider several issues if it wishes to host the Games:
- India must leave a mark at the 2020 Olympic Games.
- India should host multisport events to prove its prowess.
- It should ensure high investment from the private sector.
- India should ensure clean and safe facilities for the athletes.
- India should identify locations for hosting the games early on.
- It is only when we view the Games as a long-term development enabler that it can be made a sustainable proposition.