Gist of Editorials
Monthly Compilation for UPSC
With the change in UPSC Exam Pattern every IAS aspirant is aware of the importance of newspaper reading for UPSC Prelims and Mains Exam. Newspapers are the single most important source of current affairs .
It has been observed that UPSC picks issues from major newspapers/magazines like The Hindu, Indian Express, Livemint, EPW , Frontline etc.
With the availability of latest content via medium of multiple channels and more so the democratization of content that has taken place, it has also led to crlertain problems with respect to aspirants. The most important thing today for an aspirant is to separate the grain from the chaff, there is too much of unnecessary content that can be avoided is still made available to aspirants which increases the prep load multifolds.
To aid the IAS Aspirants preparation and make their study more organized, Chrome IAS has come up with Editorial Roundups in the form of Editorial In-Depth and Gist of Editorials section, where aspirants can find all the important articles that will make their preparation for current affairs, answer and essay writing.
If candidates do not get newspaper and missed certain day’s article then Chrome IAS Editorials collection is the one place where they can visit anytime from anywhere and find all the important articles of that day for UPSC Preparation.
These editorials and articles will help candidates to form an opinion and understand about various happenings in India and around the world.
Benefits of Editorials In-Depth
- Exhaustive coverage of important and relevant Editorials from The Hindu , Indian Express , Live Mint and EPW.
- Editorials are written in a student friendly language which is easy to read and go through.
- At times wherever required , background information and value added content is also provided.
- Students can underline important facts , phrases and key words which will help them to revise important areas before Main Examination.
- Important factual articles in the newspapers are covered that are essential from both IAS prelims and mains exam.
- Value added content and editorials will help aspirants to fetch more marks in Main Examination .
Some tips on notes making from the Editorials In-Depth for beginners:
1. Keep the notes crispy avoid elaborate notes Write in crisp points don’t write complete sentences.
2. One of the unique thing with note making is the psychological concept of ‘ self generation effect ‘ – which says that if one puts in effort to listing down important things , they tend to be better remembered. This we encourage aspirants to read Editorials and underline the important points.
3. Crisp and effective notes help in quick revision – thus adds on confidence right before the Prelims or Mains exam.
4. We will be providing Editorials of leading newspapers like The Hindu, LiveMint, The Indian Express , EPW etc. Anyone can read editorial articles directly and bookmark as well to read later and share with their fellow aspirants as well.