- HysIS, the country’s first hyperspectral imaging satellite for advanced earth observation.
- A hyperspectral imaging camera in space can provide well-defined images that can help identify objects on earth far more clearly than regular optical or remote sensing cameras
- The primary goal of HysIS is to study the Earth’s surface in visible, near-infrared and shortwave infrared regions of the electromagnetic spectrum. HysIS will be ISRO’s first full-scale working satellite with this capability.
- SEBI has announced the guidelines for interoperability of clearing corporations.
- Such interoperability is expected to bring down the compliance costs for market intermediaries and thereby the trading costs as well.
- Interoperability among clearing corporations refers to the linking of multiple clearing corporations, which effectively allows market participants to consolidate their clearing and settlement functions at a single clearing corporation, irrespective of the stock exchange on which the trade is executed.
- The gross non-performing assets of all scheduled commercial banks are around ₹10 lakh crore.
- Public sector banks accounted for more than 85% 86.6% of all gross NPAs of scheduled commercial banks.
- Centre gives Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) powers to stop defaulters from fleeing the country.
- SFIO is a statutory body, under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs and investigates matters related to serious fraud in a company.
- The power to make arrests under Section 212 (8) of the Act was granted to SFIO in August last year.
- The SFIO, which functions under the Corporate Affairs Ministry, often begins investigations soon after a crime is detected, ahead of the CBI or Customs.
- The Reserve Bank of India has decided to inject a higher amount of Rs 40,000 crore through purchase of government securities under open market operations (OMOs) .
- The liquidity deficit in the banking system can be attributed to
- the higher fund requirements for meeting the festive season demand,
- liquidity concerns witnessed in the NBFC sector and
- increased forex sales to stem the rupee depreciations.