Q. Recently, Jammu & Kashmir came under the Governor’s rule. Consider the following statements in this respect:
1. Governor’s rule can be imposed in J&K for a maximum of three months.
2. President’s rule can be imposed in J&K only after the maximum duration of Governor’s Rule is over.
3. This is the first time that Governor’s Rule will be imposed in J&K.
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
a) 1 and 2 only
b) 2 only
c) 3 only
d) None of the above
d) None of the aboved) None of the above
- Under the provision of Section 92 of the Jammu and Kashmir Constitution, Governor's rule is imposed for six months, but only after the consent of the President of India.
- Jammu and Kashmir can come under President’s rule even before the duration of six months is over if the Governor recommends Centre’s rule.
- The Governor's rule was imposed on the state for the first time in 1977.