Batch Starts – 10 june , 2019
Personal Mentorship Program for History Optional.-2020
This module is intended on a Guidance approach where you have access to an interface for interaction with a mentor throughout the due course for preparation of Examination. This module is wonderful amalgamation of Self Study approach with coaching supervision. It also focuses on developing understanding of subject matter amongst every student for making the dream of Rank in the Examination achievable.
The course contains classes, self study approach and guidance for subject and answer writing. Through mentorship program we intend to support our students not only for 4 to 5 months of classes but till the mains 2020. A method of learning will be imparted which will make learning easy and interesting. The Course tries to bring out the quality existing within the student and to model it by mapping it to the demands of UPSC.
We acknowledge the fact that actual success is due to student’s own effort and this is why we call the program Mentorship Program.
This program has been specially designed for those students who are fresher or have appeared in the examination once and are going to appear in Mains Examination for the next year.
Complete syllabus prescribed for the Mains Examination will be covered both intensively and extensively during the course. The course has been designed in such a way that even those students, who do not have even basic knowledge of History, will be in a position to write very good answer for any question after the completion of the course and will be able to score 300 plus marks out of the total 500 in the IAS MAINS EXAMINATION with adequate efforts and guidance.
During the course emphasis will be on the development of thorough understanding of the subject matter rather than simply cramming the facts and figures.
Special sessions will be organised for the “Development of Writing Skills” of the students.
Regularly questions will be discussed on the pattern of UPSC Mains Examination to ensure the gradual improvement of the Writing Skills and the Quality of the answers.
Looking at the recent pattern of Civil Services Examination one can come to a conclusion that the Mains Examination is intended to assess the overall intellectual traits and depth of understanding of candidates rather than merely the range of their information and memory. The nature and standard of questions are such that it tests candidate’s general awareness as well as clarity of understanding of basic concepts and its application in terms of Indian Society.
The mains score of Successful Candidates tells us a story. If we analyse their Mains MARKS-SHEET we find that it is the Marks of the OPTIONAL PAPER that is playing decisive role to secure a place in the final list. If you look at the history of UPSC CSE examination you realize that a candidate’s individual performance can vary on a large number of parameters compared to his competitors with respect to optional or GS. But there can be Optional Subject(s) that do not fetch the marks desired as compared to the effort put in by candidates. The reality that a few Optional Subjects go through a few years of toughness either in the questions asked or the marks awarded cannot be denied.
Another truth concerned with the preparation of mains examination is that apart from the comprehending ability, a candidate should decide on how much of time he/she would be able to spend on studying an Optional Subject. A few candidates might be working while preparing or studying at a university etc, few may be comfortable with some portions of GS due to their background and can give more time to optional. Another set of aspirants have to manage more time for coverage for GS and want to pick optional that they are more comfortable with due to their background or interest. Aspirant should be able to estimate the amount of time required to study the chosen optional subject along with General Studies. Hence time management is an important criteria in choosing optional. Hence, we must understand that selection of right optional subject is a crucial criteria for good performance in mains examination.
Now let us see, Why History as an Optional is helpful to aspirants and how it helps in fetching good ranks.
- Easy Availability of Study Material
- Uniformity and Stability in questions
- Time Management through Coverage of huge chunk of GS Syllabus
- Thoroughly Engrossing and Insightfull
- Not much dependence on Current Affairs
- Availability of Guide
- Contribution to Essay
- Interesting to read (No definitions or deep philosophical theories)
- Easy to prepare with a “Student of School” approach (Doesn’t require vast subject background)
- Inter-related chronology oriented topics making preparation easy and fun
- Highest number of Selection till date from this optional.
Approach to History
- Always begin with basic book such as NCERT.
- Develop conceptual understanding rather than memorizing and develop views and perspective.
- Observe events from Historical perspective and develop command to understand the subject with a view of continuity and change which may help you immensely in securing good marks.
- Make a handy “go to” Note and keep updating it.
- Develop your own style to revise the content and map it with kind of questions asked.
- Analyze previous years paper
- Keep your Historical knowledge updated through revisions and try and apply the content in essay. For that matter you should learn to extract the Historical news and findings from News papers and Magzines.
Why Chrome IAS for History?
The guiding philosophy of the inception of the Academy has been to provide a fraternal atmosphere in which the students are groomed by a committed, enthusiastic and gifted core faculties. We treat each of our members as an individual personality and not just an aspirant. At Chrome IAS we aim to provide you :
- 360ᵒ mentoring for students by expert faculty to shape opinions and perspectives.
- The top notch results that the academy has achieved within such a short time frame roots to our nature of commitment to the student not just on academic perspective, but also on developing general intellectual understanding. And for that matter we provide,
- One On One Sessions with the Faculties.
- Student Achiever Interaction : Here we facilitate interactions with selected candidates or people already in services, so that every student channelizes their preparation accordingly as we firmly believe that “One Shoe Fit For All” is a recipe for failure to many.
- Personal Mentorship by faculty where the commitment is guaranteed beyond course time.
- The design of the course is to help candidate even without a prior background in the subject. Thus patient method of teaching is adopted with an aim to convert – a fresher into expert.
- Detailed-analytical study of the subject for maximization of score.
- Developing scientific approach for Answer writing in the Optional.
- Learning the Art of utilization of limited content into Answer writing.
- Efficient and Professional Management team as we understand the pressure of Examination and we do not want to increase your hassle for access to your faculties and for the course.
We, at Chrome IAS are committed to guide you in streamlining all the above tenets.