Relevance : GS Paper III (Science and Technology)
[900 words reduced to 150]
- Healthcare in India has been transformed and with the use of technology, we can lower the cost of healthcare.
- Impact of technology on healthcare
- Telemedicine can bring healthcare to the remotest corners.
- Artificial intelligence (AI) can support diagnosis with evidence-based guidance.
- Augmented reality (AR) can eliminate the risk of the cancer spreading to other parts of the body.
- Biotechnology can help make personalized medicine.
- The case of India
- India needs to rapidly adapt to and embrace technology.
- India’s need of change has become more imperative with the launch of Ayushman Bharat.
- Ayushman Bharat requires reimagining an innovative model.
- Technology such as Blockchain can improve healthcare operations and costs.
- Private sector needs to earn healthy returns on investment to continue capital investment.
- We need to achieve a balance between world-class care and low costs.
- India can be an example for the rest of the world to emulate.