Starts from 25th October, 2018
Fee: Rs. 10,000/- (Exclusive of Taxes)
It has always been a very crucial paper, which not only helps in getting Interview call but also decides one’s ‘Ranking’ in the Final List. It is normally seen – there is a wide variation in the marks in Essay – ranging from 80 on lower side to 140+ on the higher. It is no wisdom to gauge the importance of this paper hence.
Generally, in Essay classes we are told about Framework of the essay, Introduction, Body, Conclusion, some model essays and what NOT – do you really think in three hours time when we have to write two essays – we can be so systematically systematic to follow these structures. Essay writing is an art and so by the very definition can be learnt by practicing it correctly.
This Essay module is a mix of generic and specific do’s and don’ts , mistakes which are often done by aspirants in Essay paper which can ruin the chances of otherwise deserving candidate.
Truth be told, there is not a single and specific way to write an Essay and for that matter GS answers too, what is more important is to have an approach and keeping oneself open to ideas and creativity.
We strictly ask you not to have any mental block about Essay’s; do not mug anything, as said by Edgar Rice Burroughs:
“I have been successful probably because I have always realized that I knew nothing about writing and have merely tried to tell an interesting story entertainingly”.
In an Essay few things that must be taken into account could be enlisted as.
- Language: It is required to keep language simple and standard. No informal expressions/slangs are to be used. It’s a common mistake observed among aspirants that in flow, they at times start (ignorantly) using informal expressions. This does not leave a good expression on the examiner.
- Interesting: A good piece of writing is the one which can keep the reader bind to it.
- Coherence: Whatever you write must convey meaning in a coherent manner. For flow to be maintained in essay one has to be conscious while writing. Since essay is stretched to 10-12 pages, so it’s natural that one miss out the central theme of the topic and become abstract in between.
- Thoughtful Expression: It is a kind of projective technique wherein your piece of writing reflects your thinking pattern, analytical capacity, decision making capability or, in nutshell, your depth in personality.
- Identification: It is from the perspective of both – aspirant and examiner.
- Note: An elaborate discussion on each of these will take place in class with other value added points.
To cut the story short, the final and often unstated rule of good writing is Practice, practice and practice. Practicing one’s craft is how one internalizes and perfects it.
In this module, you will get:
- Discussion on Generic Topics.
- Tips on writing a decent essay.
- How to improve score from 90-100 to 140.
- 5 Essay Tests. (2 Papers with No Choice – so as to see ones comfortability factor in uncomfortable topics)
- Individual Feedback on Essay Papers.
So it would suffice to end with relevant thought in the end:
“Hard Work beats the Talent when Talent doesn’t Work Hard”.
Starts from 15th November, 2018
Fee: Rs. 15,000/- (Exclusive of Taxes)
Analyzing the GS papers from 2013, it would not be difficult for any serious aspirant to come to the conclusion that “Contemporary Issues” is a ‘sine qua non’ in UPSC preparation. Its importance has been intensified with new syllabus & new variant of question approach by UPSC over the years. UPSC has blended contemporary issues with the syllabus & remain enthusiastic in exploring multi-faceted dimension of questions in Mains Examination.
The Content research team at Chrome IAS is committed to constantly evolve and deliver in the best possible manner so as not to overload aspirants with unimportant stuff. Owing to the fact that in Civil Services Examination the importance of understanding is far more than mere cramming, CIA class will focus on discussion in such a manner that it enhances the overall depth of a candidate. It’s not mere presentation of facts, rather a learning module based on comprehensive linkage of the subject matter.
Here is an opportunity for the aspirants, to have a hold over the content by understanding and analyzing which will eventually lessen the load on them right before Mains.
The most important question, which is important to answer here is – If the program is for Mains – then won’t it be judicious to join after Prelims?
The simple answer to this question is – One who prepares for the War when the War is declared can never win the War. This summarizes the long story in short and joining this program will definitely give an aspirant edge over others. Thus the basic premises on which this program stands is – “Start Early to Stay Ahead”.
- Two Classes every week.
- Discussion – Debate – Note making – Short Hand Notes.
- Monthly Test to assess the preparedness and grasp of the candidate.
- Graded Exposure to Complex Issues.
- In all approx 250 Issues will be discussed – including Dynamic and Static (in News).
- 4 Comprehensive Tests of GS I , II , III and IV.
A wise person is the one who learns from the mistakes committed by others – so we believe when the stakes are high in terms of Time and the Energy one puts in this examination – it is in the best interest to leave no stone unturned and prepare smartly for CSE Main Examination.
“Fear Ruins Human Intellect”
Comprehensive Course Batch
Modules – Paper I and II (Complete Syllabus)
Starts: 1st October, 2018
Timings: Monday – Friday / 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Duration: 3 Months
Fees: Rs. 42,000/- (Incl. of all taxes)
75 Days Module
Coverage of Anthropology syllabus with past year questions and answers.
Mind Maps for Easy Revision
Anthro related Current Affairs News
Xaxa Committee Report + Yojana + Kurukshetra
Comprehensive GS Module Batch
ETHICS (GS Paper IV)
Batch – I Starts: 15th October, 2018
Batch – II Starts: 25th October, 2018
Duration: 35 Days
Fees: Rs. 15,000/- (+ Taxes)
35 Days Module
Focus is on developing a thorough understanding of paper with substantial theoretical paradigms for answering questions and case studies in an impressive way
Class-teaching based on last five years UPSC patterns
Personalized evaluation of assignments to locate improvement area
Instrumentality of topics discussed in Paper IV as mark fetcher for Essay paper and in Interview
Development of Lucid Writing Skills.
50 case studies will be discussed comprehensively in the class.
50 case studies will be provided to help students evaluate their progress followed by a discussion in class
Coverage of common topics from Paper IV to that of Papers II viz. Governance and International relations
Two mock papers covering the entire syllabus.
Module for Art and Culture
Why Important for Exam:
- Total marks contribution of art and culture is around 40 -50 marks.
- The kind of questions in art and culture is more dynamic now rather than static which requires analysis and is not restricted to just Temple or Stupa architecture and philosophies.
Now the questions revolve around coinage system , evolution of literature and impact of Sufism or bhakti movement etc .
What one can expect from the Module :
- This module of art and culture will involve not just the content but also the way the answer is to be build suited to the question command . This will help in understanding both content and context of the questions .
- Module will involve entire coverage of ancient , medieval and modern art and culture portion through probable question and answer format .
- Relevant diagrams will be included .
- Major themes of art and culture will be covered individually and also period wise with appropriate analysis in 7 classes .
Note: Module will include one Test on Art and Culture , Modern History, World History and Post Independence.
Fee: 4,500/- (Inclusive of Taxes)
TARGETED CONTENT ENRICHMENT BATCH
- 16 CLASSES (10 CLASSES FOR THEORY + 6 CLASSES FOR CASE STUDIES WITH APPLIED ETHICS).
- Theory classes designed for thorough revision of syllabus & marks fetching techniques.
- The theoretical framework will be premised on book “ETHICS, INTEGRITY, AND APTITUDE IN GOVERNANCE” published recently by SAGE PUBLICATIONS (INDIA)
- Classes on Writing Skills with impressive content and structure.
- Focus on expected topics for 2018 Mains.
- Personal guidance highlighting improvement areas in answers and discussion.
- Comprehensive test and discussion.
- Explaining Paper IV links with Essay content and other topics in GS Paper III.
- Resource Support: SAGE book on Ethics and two practice work books.
3, 8, 4.8, 5.8 (4 classes)
12.8, 15.8 16.8 17.8 18.8 (9 classes)
22.8, 23.8 (3 classes)
29.8 Test and discussion
Course Starts: 17th August
Fee: 5000 /- (Exclusive of GST)
30 Hours Course